Friday, October 21, 2011

Triple D in Chicago: Taste of Peru



After watching many episodes of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (aka Triple D), we set out to taste test some of the fine diners during our Chicago trip. This one definitely didn't disappoint.


Peruvian Tamales: Soft and mushy. Not a texture that would inspire anything great let alone good. I have no idea what Aji is. But.. it tastes great still! YUM!



Papa Rellena: I love mashed potatoe.. but, deep fried?!? You kidding me? Then you stuff it with all sorts of good ingredients too?!?! Wow...YUMM!!



Estofado de Carne o Pollo: Best stew ever! HUGE chunks of tenderly cooked beef. Potatoes with something I would usually dislike as an ingredient in anything.. olives.. but... still...YUMMM!!!



The "Guy" that brought us here!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so hungry looking at the food!!!!!!!!!! Chicago has got the best food in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great place to eat.. if you're willing to eat alongside a few cockaroaches. But.. YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a tiny cockroach. no biggie!

    ReplyDelete