Empress Tea Room.
I've never understood the appeal of high tea/afternoon tea. Always thought it was never a 'good value'. Ok, I'm really just cheap... but, c'mon... you know what I mean when you're looking at the bill and reflecting on what you just "ate". There is one thing that I'll give to the concept of high tea... it's that the fact that all the portions are so small that it brings itself to your attention. Think about that. You sit there, eating this bite size sandwich and thinking to yourself, "OMG, this is SMALL!" and you continue to think about it... "This tastes {add your adjective here}!" This is contrary to your usual routine of eating, and that's just not really caring and continue to shove it into your face.
So, the phrase "... appreciating the little things in life..." probably came from eating high tea. Well, that's just my theory.
I still think it's a rip off.
Parliament Building
Empress Lobby
No comments:
Post a Comment