Saturday, July 05, 2008

Taste of Chicago















Something Lina wanted to do for as long as I can remember. Go to the Taste of Chicago. Today was that day.
Got access to an awesome parking pass. (Thanks Ben!) Wasn't hot, wasn't too sunny, wasn't cold, wasn't TOO big a crowd(I remember it being a lot worse), and most importantly... Persephanie wasn't TOO cranky. It was awesome.

For 72 tickets @ $48.00:
Got a taste for:
- 2 giant BBQ turkey drumsticks
- 1 platter of seafood tempura
- 1 boneless BBQ rib sandwich
- 2 small taste of Rainbow ice cream
- 1 full scoop of Rainbow ice cream in a waffle cone
- 1 Eli's turtle cheesecake
- 1 Eli's strawberry cheesecake
- 1 Italian ice (mango and blue raspberry)

To walk off the food, a trip to Buckingham Fountain. Seems fitting this time around.. "Married with children"

Then for dinner we went to Joy Yee's. Awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting Eli's Cheesecake at the Taste of Chicago.

    Come visit us the summer at Eli's Cheesecake World, our bakery, cafe and store on Chicago's northwest side.

    We have a great Thursday Farmers Market with Wright College.

    Sincerely,

    Marc Schulman
    Eli's President

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh huh, and where was I????? i was being scratched alive while some people were having a time of the their lives!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and technically, you're 'married' with CHILD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And technically, I'm with more than one child.

    ReplyDelete