
I'm not very open with my political views. Only voted a few times in my life. And each of those times, I've often wondered if I actually made the correct choice. Never have I had a sure thing. Probably like many in my generation, we simply ignore it. "My vote won't make a difference."
Enter Barack Obama.
Wow.. this guy is good. Why does politics need to be boring? This guy knows how to reach into the hearts of his audience. And simply through the art of conversation. Refreshing and Inspiring are the two best words I can think of using to describe how I feel about him. Being a visible minority often brings a mentality of social submissiveness. Now, seeing an equally visible minority rise to (the highest) power.. surely gives us hope. A hope that he is thinking of the people's interests and turning it into positive progress for the future. I'm sure this has been echoed by many, and many of my generation.
I can't believe I would ever blog about politics, but this one's a bit personal. And here I am.. looking at a guy that gives me inspiration like an artist or a great song would. Watching his speeches was tear-jerkingly good.
Too bad Obama wasn't Canadian. I'd vote for sure.
*sniff sniff* did you watch the the polls? Obama was at Grant Park!! i wish i was home for that! i've never listened to someone who speaks like that! He would be a great salesman. i think that's what we need as president to sell his (our) ideas to congress. I have great hopes for him but i'm also scared that he might be assassinated by white supremist!
ReplyDeletemaybe we have some hope of living our dreams now!
Yea.. we were joking about that. Taking bets on when the assassination attempt will be. That's why I think Oprah should have been vice-president. You wouldn't try to kill Obama.. and have a black AND woman president to succeed him! HAHA
ReplyDeleteyou're so bad!!!!
ReplyDeleteactually, there was already an attempt on him once a week or so before the election. they say it was planned by the KKK.
more pics of sephie pls!!
ReplyDelete